Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Takmak Fort Mohim Vasai Region as on 12 June 2011 - Kille Vasai Mohim

Takmak Fort Mohim Vasai Region as on 12 June 2011 - Kille Vasai Mohim - Shridatta Raut
Location : - Sakvar Village , Next To Virar Shilphata Region - Starting Point Gai gotha from Base Village
History : - Fort Used in Vasai Mohim & British Mohim in 1802
Monuments On Fort - Remains of Main Forttification wall , 12 Watertanks (Total 11 in well condition & 1 totally under covered with stones and soil), remains of killedar wada houses , water passing ways , 2 cannons , curved stones , shivlig on fort stolen by visitors

Conservation Work Done :- We Started Conservation on Main Enterance Fortification which is remaining at Fort - Next Out of 12 Watertanks Most of Good in conditions but Water is not clear for drinking purpose - we have to plan removal of Grass & Stones from Tanks - This Fort have 2 Cannons we taken pictures & legnth of the same for records 

8 Apr 1737 Maratha Worrier Pantaji Moreshwar Won Takmak Fort From Portuguese.
Har Har Mahadev
Gazzter Records : -
Takmak Fort about fifteen miles south-eastof Mahim, stands on a very steep hill about 2000 feet high, in a rough wooded country, a little to the north-east of the meeting of the Tansa and Vaitarna rivers. Takmak is a fortified height rather than a fort, as it consists of a hill-top, 400 yards long by about 100 broad, enclosed with works in the only two places where it is accessible. Of the works all that remain are two small gateways with a low ruined retaining wall on each side. In 1818, in spite of the natural strength of the hill, the works were so greatly injured by exposure and long neglect, that the fort was easy to capture either by surprise or by assault. The wooded and rugged ground about the fort could hide an attacking force nearly up to the foot of the works, which, in places, were no more than a wall of loose stones. On the top of the hill were nine small ponds with a sufficient supply of water; and there were a few scattered huts occupied by the garrison. [Captain Dickinson's MS. Report in 1818, Military Diaries, 1156.] In 1862, the Takmak works were so ruinous as to add nothing to the strength of the hill. The water-supply was destroyed, in case the hill might ever fall into the hands of robbers or insurgents.
At the Sativli hot-spring, about six miles north of Takmak, are fragments of a Hindu temple, large blocks of carved stone, two broken bulls or nandis, and two broken ling cases or shalunkhas. Near these are two hot-water reservoirs. [Mr. W. B. Mulock, C.S.]

No comments:

Post a Comment